AWESOME Bean Dip
I’ve been throwing together ingredients to create a go to bean dip for whenever I’m hungry and I want to throw something on a tortilla to mow down on. It’s delicious, and I would say this is the most successful one that I’ve made yet.
- 2 16 oz cans of refried vegetarian pinto beans
- 2 16 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 oz can of yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 chipotle peppers, diced finely
- 1 jalapeno pepper with seeds removed (or not removed if you like it really spicy), diced finely
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of chile powder
- 1/2 cup of diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced red pepper
Combine all ingredients in a tupperware container to store in your fridge and dip into whenever you need something yummy and flavorful to fill your belly or to supply for your friends when they come over hungry and want something to dip chips into.
I’m serving it 2 ways right now. Megan and Dexter are over, and dipping celery sticks into it. A little bit ago, I dished some out onto a tortilla with egg that I cooked and folded up the tortillas into a little burrito.
It has a delightfully tangy zip with just a little bit of a heat to it. You can adjust the hot factor by increasing the amount of jalapeno or chile powder, of course.